Caramel Corn


This post is going out with a disclaimer: This stuff is seriously addicting! I didn't even think I liked caramel corn that much, but I (along with 10 other people) could not stop eating this!

I took a giant batch of this to my friends place for Canadian Thanksgiving and even after we ate dinner and dessert, and everyone was as full as could be, hands were still reaching into the bowl of caramel corn because they just couldn't get enough. It's easy to make this festive and colorful by adding in seasonal candy. I added in candy corn to half of the batch and some fall colored m&m's to the other half.

Make this soon, but make sure you have plenty of friends to share with, because trust me if it's just you and the caramel corn, the caramel corn will win.

Caramel Corn
Adapted from www.allrecipes.com
Ingredients:
  • 7 quarts plain popped popcorn
  • 2 cups dry roasted peanuts (optional)
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup light corn syrup
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions:
  1. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C).
  2. Make popcorn and place in a large bowl (or 2 large bowls). I actually used a double bagged brown bag from the grocery store. It worked great and cleanup was easy!
  3. Combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring enough to blend. Once the mixture begins to boil, boil for 5 minutes while stirring constantly.
  4. Remove from the heat, and stir in the baking soda and vanilla. The mixture will be light and foamy. Immediately pour over the popcorn in the bowls or bag. Stir to coat.
  5. Bake for 1 hour, removing the pans, and giving them each a good stir every 15 minutes. After it has baked separate into pieces if need. Allow to cool completely, then store in airtight containers or resealable bags

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet, I also love the presentationn here

Tiffany said...

This looks really good! I had my wisdom teeth pulled about 2 weeks ago and I've been craving popcorn big time. I have two big holes in my mouth, so popcorn is out of the question. I'm definitely bookmarking this for a later date.

Lisa said...

Caramel corn is always a great snack to share with others. Great recipe during this Halloween season. I think it would make perfect trick-or-treat goodie bags.

Shoshana said...

I just made this, it is fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration.

Matt Powell said...

I would like to appreciate the great work done by you

Eileen said...

I just made this caramel corn yesterday and it sure was addicting and delicious and simple to make! I combined it with some cheez-its, candy corn, peanut m&m's. Everyone loved it! Thanks for the recipe.

Post a Comment