Mango Jicama Slaw

As Summer is nearing its end I'm trying to eat as many summery foods as I can. I'm looking forward to cooking with all the Fall flavors that I love (apples, pumpkins, butternut squash, ginger), but I am not looking forward to the cold weather the comes along with it.

When I was at the store the other day I have no idea why but I decided that I wanted to buy a jicama. The result is this delicious, fresh salad. It's really easy to throw together; it just involves a little chopping.

We ate this along side chicken tacos and it was a perfect compliment. When you're buying the mango make sure you buy one that isn't too ripe otherwise it'll be slipping all over the place when you try to slice it.

  • 1 jicama, sliced
  • 1 mango, sliced
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • Half a jalepeno pepper (seeds removed), finely diced
  • 1 teaspoon of sugar
  • Salt & Pepper to Taste
Just combine all the ingredients and you're good to go!


Spryte said...

That looks delicious!!!

Dakuro said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Post a Comment