This has become pretty much my favorite thing ever this summer. I love making it at the beginning of the week and having it to snack on when I get hungry. The chickpeas provide plenty of protein and the olives and feta give it a delicious saltiness.
This salad is really easy to make with whatever you have on hand. I had sun-dried tomatoes that I needed to use up but I think it would also be great with slow roasted cherry tomatoes. Some toasted pine nuts would also make a great addition.
- 1 can of chickpeas (about 15 oz), rinsed and drained
- 1 can of artichokes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup of feta (I used reduced fat), diced
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tbls basil, chopped
- 1 - 2 tbls extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbls red wine vinegar
- 1 tbls lemon juice, optional (just add a little vinegar if you don't have lemon)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl and stir together. Add salt & pepper to taste. Refrigerate and serve cold or at room temperature.