Key Lime Pie Ice Cream



Move over Oreo Cookie Cookies, I have new favorite recipe!

If you like key lime pie, you will love this recipe. It literally tastes like someone threw a key lime pie into my ice cream maker.

This recipe is seriously good enough to justify buying an ice cream maker if you don't have one already.

It is by far the easiest ice cream recipe I have come across. No stove, no blender, no strainer. Just a bowl, a whisk, and an ice cream maker. I had a few doubts about the recipe because it doesn't use any eggs, but the result far exceeded my expectations. It has a really great, almost light, texture. It's not super rich and creamy which pairs will the citrus flavor. It's perfect for summer!


The recipe calls for graham crackers to be added in, but when I made these ginger cookies the other day I saved a couple since I knew I'd be making this ice cream later in the week. The ginger cookies were the perfect match for the ice cream, both in texture and in flavor.

The original recipe also calls for 2% milk and fat free sweetened condensed milk, but I used whole milk and regular sweetened condensed milk. I think next time I'll try it the way it was originally written to compare.

Recipe: Adapted from Cooking Light
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups whole milk
  • 1/2 cup bottled Key lime juice (such as Nellie and Joe's)
  • 1/2 cup whipping cream
  • Dash of salt
  • 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
  • 6 graham crackers (1 1/2 cookie sheets), coarsely crushed, divided
  • Key lime wedges (optional)
Directions:

Combine first 5 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Pour mixture into freezer can of an ice-cream freezer, and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. Stir 1/3 cup graham crackers into ice cream. Spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container, and cover and freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Sprinkle each serving with 1 teaspoon graham crackers. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.

13 comments:

Ross Weinreb said...

I can attest to the fact that this ice cream is VERY delicious. Some of the best I've ever had :)

Jennifer said...

YUM!!!! This is perfect! My husband would adore this, he loves key lime anything!

Fahrenheit 350° said...

Whoa... that looks incredible! Super tasty and delicious, and I love your plates! So cute!

Beryl said...

Every week I have a hard time deciding what to make for dessert that weekend. Thanks for providing the answer. Can't wait to make this!

Soccerbj1171 said...

I can attest that this ice cream is some of the best ice cream I have ever had. It taste exactly like key lime pie. Sooo good!!

SugarCooking said...

Thanks Fahrenheit! I actually get most of them at TJ Maxx!

test it comm said...

What a great idea for an ice cream! All the main elements of a key lime pie are in there. mmm....

Anonymous said...

What a great idea. I love key lime pie and can't wait to try this recipe out!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. If i would like to make this recipe how should i do without an ice-cream maker??

Emily said...

Just made this and it was a huge hit with guests! Thanks so much for posting it...

Spryte said...

I might make this over the weekend!!!

Jessica said...

I tried this over the weekend and YUM! Great easy recipe (super extra points for the easy part!)

Anonymous said...

This ice cream was VERY delicious, however it made a small amount. I would double or possibly triple it to satisfy my family. It was also very easy so thank you!

Post a Comment