Turkey burgers are one of my favorite things to make during the week. They're quick, easy, healthy, and make great leftovers the next day for lunch. I'm always looking for new flavor combinations and this asian style burger just replaced the greek style burger as our new favorite.
The burger gets most of its Asian flavor from grated ginger, grated garlic, and hoisin sauce added to the meat. It was also one of the most moist turkey burgers I've ever eaten. These burgers are great plain since they have so much flavor. Just add a drop of hoisin mayo and they're perfect!
Asian Turkey Burgers
Recipe: Adapted from Eating Well
- 1.3 lbs of ground turkey (I used 93/7, but I think turkey breast would be fine too)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Hoisin Mayo (Recipe Follows)
- Combine the first 7 ingredients and mix well. Form the mixture into patties. (I made mine smaller than normal burgers and got 6 burgers. You should be able to get 4 - 5 regular sized burgers).
- Sprinkle the patties with salt and pepper.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium high. Oil the grill and grill until browned and no longer pink in the center, about 5 - 7 minutes per side.
- 1/2 cup mayonaise (I used light)
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- dash of sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.