Cake Pops


I've been seeing these pop up around the internet for a while now. I've been waiting for a good reason to make them and I finally found one.... a cold, gray Saturday with nothing to do. These were a lot of fun to make (I even got Ross to help with the dipping and sprinkle application and even though he'll never admit it, I think he actually had fun!).


They are a little time consuming so make sure you have enough time or just bake the cake/roll the cake balls the day before. It's really important to make sure your cake balls are chilled really well before you start the dipping process. I was really impressed with how cute these were. What was even more impressive though was how good they tasted! I knew they were going to be adorable but I had very low expectations for how it was actually going to taste since it was boxed cake mix after all... but these were actually really good!

Step by step directions can be found here at Bakerella. I chose to use Devil's Food Cake and Cream Cheese frosting.

(This is the reject pile. A.K.A. the ones that I'm keeping)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done!

Veronica M. said...

I like the black and white look--very classy! Who were the lucky dogs that got the rest?

SugarCooking said...

Thanks Veronica! I ended up bringing the rest to the office where they went over very well.

Smitten Sugar said...

Yours turned out adorable! Love the colors you did!

Our Italian Kitchen said...

That is adorable! I'm making these for Valentine's Day!

Sherry G said...

I've seen them all over the blog world too! I'm just waiting for my "cold, gray Saturday" with nothing to do as well. Glad to know that it's a ton of fun to make!

Post a Comment