Lemon Cake Mix Cookies


Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely love lemon, so when I saw how ridiculously simple this recipe was I knew I had to try it. It uses boxed cake mix (which I almost never do!) and just requires throwing in a few eggs, some oil, and some fresh lemon juice and zest.

I think the fresh lemon zest and juice is what really brings things cookies to another level. It somehow gives that boxed mix a fresh taste. These are not the best cookie in the world, but they are pretty darn good and so easy to make. So if you have a box of lemon cake mix sitting in your pantry, whip this up!

The only recommendation I would make is be sure not to underbake these. While underbaked cookies are sometimes yummy underbaked cake batter is just kinda gross. I ended up baking mine for just about the full 9 minutes.

Lemon Cake Mix Cookies: From My Baking Addiction
Ingredients
  • 1 (18.25 oz) package lemon cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/3 c vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
  • 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
  • 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in eggs, oil, lemon juice, lemon extract, and lemon zest until blended.
  3. Drop teaspoonfuls (mine were probably a tad bigger) of dough int o a bowl of confectioner's sugar. Roll them around until they're lightly covered (It may help to put the dough in the fridge for a little while first). Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
  4. Bake for 6 - 9 minutes in the preheated oven.

5 comments:

cookies and cups said...

Love an easy recipe, especially when cake mix is on sale at my supermarket for $1...too good not to buy!

Katrina said...

I just love lemon! And lemon cookies sound great. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I love lemon!
The cookies look soooo moist!

Things to Do said...

Thanks so much for sharing this! I made them last week and they turned out great! Can't wait to try more of your items.

Jojo said...

Baking these now as coworker gifts. Smells awesome!!

Post a Comment