Smores Cookies



These pictures should really speak for themselves, but in case you need more convincing, here we go. Chocolate chip cookie + graham cracker + marshmallows + hersheys bar = AMAZING.

I made these for the Super Bowl and everyone was really impressed with how they looked and tasted. I love the what the graham cracker crumbs add to the cookie. It really brings home that smores taste. And I absolutely love the way you can still see the letters on the Hershey bar.


Do you really need me to say more here? Just look at the picture! Go make these! Now! :)

Recipe: Adapted from Baked Perfection
Ingredients
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 dash of cinnamon
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
  • 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
  • 3 Hershey bars, chopped
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, salt, and dash of cinnamon. In a second larger bowl beat together the butter, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Slowly beat in the flour mixture until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheet (I chilled the dough for an hour first; I always do).
  3. Bake for 8 minutes, and remove from the oven. Push 3 to 4 marshmallows and a few pieces of hershey bar into each cookies. Return to the oven and bake an additional 2-3 minutes until fully cooked. Cool cookies on a wire rack.

12 comments:

Smitten Sugar said...

Oh my those look amazing! I love smores anything. I will definitely be making these very soon!

Shoshana said...

The photographs are amazing. They make me want to run to the kitchen to make these cookies (not that I need much pushing when marshmallows and chocolate are involved)!

Jen said...

These pics look great! I want to lick my screen. I'm adding these to my must bake list.

Chocolate Shavings said...

Those look delicious! I love the hersheys pieces ontop!

Maria said...

We love these cookies!

Victoria said...

Wow, what a temptation! I love smores... and I love cookies... it must be a sign. Your pictures are lovely too!

Anonymous said...

I made these the other day! everyone loved em! they were SO delicious! thank you for sharing the recipe :)

Miss. Tarrah Dame said...

I made these for my baking blog too! they are soooo good! :)
http://cuppycakebakes.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I made these and they are sooooooo good! I added extra gramcrackers (about 1/4c) the second time and I liked it better.
LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know about how many this recipe makes?

SugarCooking said...

Anon - It's been a while since a made them so this may not be exact, but I believe it made around 30. Hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

I made these cookies yesterday and they were absolutely DELICIOUS. I'm making a double batter right now- they are baking. thank you so much for this amazing recipe :)

briana

Post a Comment